1. When posting an event, please use the "Post New Event" button. A thread in the Events forum will be automatically created. This is important for current and future features of the site.

Work Day [Mar 3, 2013] 2nd LA4x4 Sicily Island Workday Weekend (Sicily Island, La)

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events (Trail Rides, Meetings, etc.)' started by speedracer, Feb 19, 2013.

By speedracer on Feb 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM
  1. speedracer

speedracer
    Expand Collapse
    Master home installer

This will be our(LA4X4) second time out at Sicily Island to do a work day weekend. As it was the last time, it will be again...a work day weekend, NO riding. Your rigs are welcome but not needed. We are focusing on trail creation this time around...A lot of the trails are getting a lot of usage and are not recovering fast enough. We will be creating 2's, 3's, and 4's... We will break off in groups of 3 or 4 and be cutting new trails... I was there Saturday and the existing trails don't need much cleaning. we will discuss the Work Day Weekend more tomorrow night at the meeting and will post the results here....We challenge everyone who enjoys using the property and even the "abusers" to jump in on this adventure. We had a blast las t year and Dennis was excited to see "someone" else putting forth the effort in his park...There will be no entrance fees and camping will be allowed on the property for free but this is again a "Work Day Weekend", not a freebie ride. Come out and lend a hand, this is where some of the best times are found in this Sport!!!

Edit:just posting it in the right way so it shows up on the calender. Still march 3 and 4th

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories
2nd LA4x4 Sicily Island Workday Weekend
Start Date: Mar 3, 2013 08:00
End Date: Mar 4, 2013 16:00
Time Zone: America/Chicago -06:00 CST

905 Bend Rd
Sicily Island, La 71368

Posted By: speedracer

Confirmed Attendees: 5
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 5
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
    1. speedracer
      speedracer
      Alan G---> Chainsaw, edger, and willing to work hands...
      Kevin C -- machete and hard work to and fro
      Mike. - machete, shovel, axe, hammock
      Robert H. - all of the above cept the hammock... :) I always fall it them things.
      James B====D~~ Machete and some lazy hands.
      Kevin M. >>>> Machete, axe, shovel and a killers instinct.( That's if I'm off that weekend...)
      Jacob P. ----> Chainsaw, weedeater, icechest, machete, Shovel
      Woodrow and Clayton J. ---------> Weed eater, machete, shovel, axe, and a bug finder / brush clearer (Clayton) (Saturday Only)
      08jkur. Sam
      Curtis still a go for saturday, we'll see about sunday.
      Ron - Walk behind edger with recently sharpened blades, and a black pot to burn some meats
      D Hughes- load of big rocks(no ramblin' man or sirens), and performing mid day gun show
      Corey chainsaw, shovel, machete, clippers, weedeater, and ice chest.
      Bo, Sunday possibly drive in Saturday night after work
      Jason A.---------->Chain Saw, Tractor, & Ice Chest Full Of Beer
      LJ for SnG likes this.
    2. fordw60s
      fordw60s
      I will probibly be out there saturday and sunday. In the minivan lol. we maybe staying in jena for a dog tracking seminar and while she is doing that I will help y'all.
      itsmealang likes this.
    3. itsmealang
    4. itsmealang
      itsmealang
      Maybe someone may have this info but can someone bring the sign matter so we can at least mark all of the new trails cut?
    5. itsmealang
      itsmealang
      Oh, Ron and others should be bringing some more cement cylinders to throw in the washout areas...
    6. itsmealang
      itsmealang
      Saturday afternoon :bump:
    7. la7
      la7
      Alan G---> Chainsaw, edger, and willing to work hands...
      Kevin C -- machete and hard work to and fro
      Mike. - machete, shovel, axe, hammock
      Robert H. - all of the above cept the hammock... :) I always fall it them things.
      James B====D~~ Machete and some lazy hands.
      Kevin M. >>>> Machete, axe, shovel and a killers instinct.( That's if I'm off that weekend...)
      Jacob P. ----> Chainsaw, weedeater, icechest, machete, Shovel
      Woodrow and Clayton J. ---------> Weed eater, machete, shovel, axe, and a bug finder / brush clearer (Clayton) (Saturday Only)
      08jkur. Sam
      Curtis still a go for saturday, we'll see about sunday.
      Ron - Walk behind edger with recently sharpened blades, and a black pot to burn some meats
      D Hughes- load of big rocks(no ramblin' man or sirens), and performing mid day gun show
      Corey chainsaw, shovel, machete, clippers, weedeater, and ice chest.
      Bo, Sunday possibly drive in Saturday night after work
      Jason A.---------->Chain Saw, Tractor, & Ice Chest Full Of Beer
      Larry F machete and some hoes
      itsmealang likes this.
    8. LowJ
      LowJ
      Always good to have on a weekend
    9. LowJ
      LowJ
      What time is everyone arriving? 8 am on Saturday?
    10. itsmealang
      itsmealang
      I think a few will be scouting trail areas on Friday but most of us will be there between 8 and 9 on Saturday morning...
    11. alpinehyperlite
      alpinehyperlite
      We plan on getting up there Friday morning.
    12. itsmealang
      itsmealang
      Are yall gonna wheel any on Friday?
    13. LJ for SnG
      LJ for SnG
      glad to see Larry has dem ho's all lined up
    14. alpinehyperlite
      alpinehyperlite
      Depends on if anyone else from the work day is there. If not, we might a bit. We are paid up for the year, so we wouldn't be screwing Dennis out of any money. We will be in one rig so who knows. I'll probably just scout around on the 4wheeler for trail locations.
    15. itsmealang
      itsmealang
      Oh yeah, no biggie...The Work Day doesn't officially start until Saturday so wheel away...I was just curious. There may be some other guys that might want to wheel with y'all on Friday so that was why I was asking.
    16. DIP-TUBE
      DIP-TUBE
      I am in ,leaving the house about 10ish on Saturday
      How does it work as far as what should I drive the Jeep or the Pathfinder (2wd tow rig)?
      I will also be spending the night and working some on Sunday
      Bring food or money or both?
      And point of contact would help ,I have a 1/2 assed CB that I can bring?

You are getting me out there so details are needed
      itsmealang likes this.
    17. itsmealang
      itsmealang
      Drive whatever ya want cause we will be on foot patrol making trails most of the time. Davy and Ron are cooking Jambalaya Saturday night...Breakfast for Sunday is yet to be known...Most are tent camping on the grounds...No wheeling during the weekend, blah, blah, blah. Free to work, free to camp... 337-296-6417--> Alan G.
    18. itsmealang
      itsmealang
      Oh, It will be good to see one of the older guys back out and working...:beer:
    19. itsmealang
      itsmealang
      It looks like it will be in the mid 30's Saturday night so be prepared to stay warm if ya camping out Saturday night...Very excited to get this project going.