where do you have your gun(s_) gunracks.. how .. ?

Discussion in 'Hunting and Fishing' started by kennisondan, Aug 1, 2012.

1. kennisondan

kennisondan
    Expand Collapse

wondering about a vertical gun rack; an overhead gun rack attached to an accessory bar from windsheild to middle roll bar.. a cloth behind the seats setup for two long guns.. seems like the way my tj front seats do not move a whole lot, behind the seat may be a problem.. vertical would be pretty cool and accessable; and overhead front to back windsheild to middle roll bar seems to have the most positive marks.. .... what do you guys do ? if I am deer hunting with a pistol it is carried on me even in the jeep.. but with a long gun, the idea is to get out and get on the ground with the gun and as little noise and trouble and time as possible when you arrive at where you will hunt ... etc.
    What do you guys or ladies do for gun transport ?
    of course if I am on the way to a hunt through public parks, state lands, regulated areas, the gun is unloaded and in a protective case.. but when I am travelling in the hunting area to a location I want it a little more accessable.
    thanks..
    dan kennison

2. lil dragon

lil dragon
    Expand Collapse
    Almost kewl...
    Staff Member

When hog hunting, I have a single point sling on my AR. It rides in my lap, still slung.

Proud Rebel likes this.
  3. Kevin S

Kevin S
    Expand Collapse

Atv gun holder at walmart fits on cj dash were lrft side grab bar bolts to dash